The CCPA released the Alternative Federal Budget for 2011 today. This year's AFB presents a comprehensive recovery plan designed to:
- get Canadians working in good jobs again;
- reduce record-high income inequality, strengthen Canada’s middle class, and improve supports for Canada’s poor and most vulnerable;
- protect public programs that all Canadians rely on — including public health care and public pensions;
- manage Canada’s debt-to-GDP ratio without vital public program cuts;
- get serious about reducing greenhouse gas emissions; and
- launch a multi-pronged initiative to expand high value-added production in key sectors.