Today, CCPA releases the Alternative Federal Budget 2012: A Budget for the Rest of Us. This year's AFB presents a public investment plan that promotes a better quality of life for all Canadians, not just an elite few. The AFB is designed to:
- tackle poverty and income inequality by investing in public programs like education, affordable housing, public pensions, universal pharmacare, and national child care;
- get Canadians working again by creating jobs and lowering the unemployment rate;
- close tax loopholes for the wealthy, and put an end to the federal government’s failed corporate tax cut experiment;
- get serious about environmental leadership with a forward-looking green strategy;
- repair our cities and build sustainable communities with a long-term physical infrastructure program.